Sunday, March 11, 2007

Dead Man Walking

"For through the law I died to the law so that I might live for God. I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me." (Galatians 2:19-20a)

All men live equally under the law and are condemned by it. Simply loving God and others cannot be done perfectly. When Jesus is followed as leader, the condemned life dies and is replaced by the living Messiah. Those who have not exchanged their selves for Jesus' life are dead men walking.

I forget sometimes that the old Tom is dead, and that I no longer live, but Christ in me. The life I live- my very time between breaths- is Christ living in me. Though I still fall in battles to sin, the war is won as Christ did not die for nothing- but for everyone!

"Praise You God for providing Christ alive in me. For surely the old Tom was a wretched dead man walking. Thank You for the true life You have replaced in me. Cause me to live for and worship You deliberately with each breath that You have given me in exchange for my previous despair."

No comments: