
Joy Forgotten
"What happened to all your joy?" (Galatians 4:15a)
By God's providence, Paul originally meets the Galatians due to an illness (probably of the eye(s)- v.15; 6:11). The Galatians joyfully respond to the peace and freedom of the Gospel. GBut after Paul's departure, they are influenced by the Judiazers and exchange the Gospel for the restraints of legalism. Paul knows that a list of laws cannot be followed and in the attempt to follow them detracts from Jesus' perfect sacrifice for all at Calvary.
I notice that when I am experiencing least joy, I am most bound by my anxiety due to placing my trust in me and my rules and plans versus God and His grace and actions. Do you lack joy? Are you following rules or a person who has died and risen to set you free?
"Messiah- thank you for the peace and true joy you provide. I confess my retreat to rules of life when I forget the freedom of your victory at the cross. Cause my joy to overflow and gladly meet the needs of others today."
No comments:
Post a Comment